what da blog?

Saturday, October 15, 2005

R.I.P Joe Van Duyts


Its the 2 year anniversary of my Dad passing away today. I sent my mum flowers this morning and called her for a chat. She was really sad today. We all are. I miss him everyday and i know that its So hard for my Mum. Losing your Dad is bad enough but losing your husband is a whole other thing alltogether. its a different kind of love. I wish i could be with her now

My sister, Kim and brother in law, Dave and i decided that we didn't want to spend today wallowing in sadness so we went to a local football match - something my dad would have liked to do. We entered a draw at the grounds to win half of whatever the raffle tickets collecteed and we WON!! £46! thanks Dad! ha ha ha

We went for a great curry in Pinner (a place we used to live when i was little) and walked around an old park my sister used to take me too. Apparently i used to run off into the trees to "talk" to my "friend" - The man in the tree... my sister Kim, just used to think i was a bit mad and had an imaginary friend but apparently some guy hung himself there...... spooky huh.... so we went back there. I havent been to that playground since i was 5 years old!! it was kind of odd...

He was such a wonderful man, always did what he wanted to do in life and always had a laugh. He'll live on in my heart and memories for the rest of my life.

i miss you Dad

xxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home